The Executive Committee is responsible for providing overall direction to the Board of Directors and the Executive Director. Its tasks include, but are not limited to, the following:
Patrick Feder- President
Julie Wood - Vice President
Debbie Morris - Treasurer
Ashly Moore - Secretary
- Prepare the Chamber Budget for Board approval.
- Advise the Board on Chamber policy, programs and procedures.
- Complete special projects as directed by the Board.
- Ensure attention to Chamber priorities and make recommendations for adjustments to the Board.
- Conduct an annual review of the Executive Director
|MEMBERSHIP, NETWORKING & MARKETING COMMITTEE|
The Membership, Networking & Marketing Committee is responsible for the recruitment and retention of Chamber members. Responsibilities also include organizational hospitality and administration of our General Membership Meetings and After Hours events. Its tasks include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Advise the Board on issues pertaining to membership.
- Make recommendations to the Board on ways to increase membership and improve membership value.
- Visit new businesses to welcome them to our community and discuss the benefits of Chamber membership.
- Assign and oversee a mentor program for prospects and new members.
- Ensure a Chamber presence at ribbon cutting ceremonies.
- Coordinate the development of the meeting agenda.
- Make arrangements for entertainment at meetings as required.
- Maintain RSVP lists and meeting sign-in table.
- Provide membership drawings and donations.
- Work with the Membership Committee and the Business Development and Education Committee in developing recommendations to enhance the business value of our meetings.
- Coordinate the organization and execution of After Hour programs.
- Assess the level of participation, hospitality and networking at Chamber functions.
|GOVERNMENT AND BUSINESS ADVISORY COMMITTEE|
The Government and Business Advisory Committee is responsible for providing information to the Chamber on legislative matters at the local, State and Federal level that will have an impact on the business community. Responsibilities also include measuring the business climate of Eureka and make recommendations to the Mayor and Chamber Board. Its tasks include, but are is not limited to, the following:
Dr. Pat Feder
- Maintain a relationship with the State Chamber of Commerce and bring resources and issues of interest to the attention of our Chamber.
- Coordinate with the Networking and General Membership Committee the reports by City officials at the monthly meetings.
- Provide a non-partisan opportunity for our members to hear candidates in local elections on issues of concern to local businesses.
- Maintain contacts with County, State and Federal government officials and bring issues of interest to the attention of our Chamber.
- Provide legislative up-dates on State issues.
- Review and recommend Eureka image concepts to the Chamber Board on an ongoing basis.
- Maintain quality business-government relationships and communication.
- Review business needs, zoning, signing, codes, streets, utilities, etc
- Review shopping districts and their patterns.
- Work with the business community to establish business associations and communicate any concerns or suggestions to the Chamber Board.
|ADVERTISING AND PUBLICATIONS COMMITTEE|
The Advertising and Publications Committee is responsible for improving and promoting the Chamber’s public image as it relates to print media, electronic media and our newsletter. Its tasks include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Prepare press releases for ribbon cutting and groundbreaking ceremonies as identified for promotion by the Membership Committee.
- Review Chamber and Event marketing media and evaluate their effectiveness.
- Prepare and produce the Chamber Newsletter and brochures as determined by the Board.
- Conduct a periodic review of the Chamber’s website with the Webmaster with respect to its effectiveness, appeal and utilization.
- Make recommendations to the Board on new software programs.
- Provide marketing and promotion for the Membership Discount Program as requested by the Membership Committee.
- Review the Chamber Newsletter as well as other communication and marketing tools to determine the most efficient and cost effective way to communicate with our members and the business community as a whole.
- Supervise the production of the Business and Community Directory and provide input on layout and design balancing the cost with profit goals as determined by the Board.
The Events Committee is responsible for assuring the success and the profitability of all Eureka Chamber sponsored Events. Its tasks include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Garage Sale / Swap Meet
- Golf Tournament
- Eureka Days
- Trivia Night
- Assure that the financial goals set by the Board are attained.
- Recruit joint sponsors for All Events
- Work with the City on recruiting volunteers for the event.
- Report to the Board on the progress and profitability of the event.
- Assist in the coordination of the Parade.
- Assist in the preparation of event advertising.
- Secure sponsors for the event.
- Use past years’ analysis as a guide and prepare an analysis at the end of the event for future use.
- Recruit Volunteers
- Make site arrangements for the event
- Solicit members for auction items.
- Plan the program and secure materials and give-away items for the event.
- Attend to details to ensure a successful event.
The Nominating Committee is responsible for nominating candidates for the Board and for officers of the Board. Its tasks include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Identify and recruit qualified candidates for the Board and its officers.
- Arrange for the introduction of, and speeches by, candidates at the General Membership meeting.
- Conduct the elections, count the ballots, and report the results to the Board and the General Membership.